Friday, September 9, 2011

Architect's Needs






With me as the main person and assumed architect, I had a think about all the things I would want to have in my perceived future office in terms of space, and to some point disregarding any technological aspects such as 3D printers, etc. I look at a number of pictures on google as well as contemplating the few visits to real architectural studios that I have been at and realized what they have in common as being:

  • Large open spaces allowing deliberation and communication between people. Open spaces also allow the idea of working in a team atmosphere, catalyzing visual inspiration in the viewing of other peoples work and models in the area.
  • Spaces that use natural lighting and that are quite large dimension wise allow help in the visualization of space in the mind of the architecture and questions the ideas of proportion, however in my mind architectural spaces tend to be a bit bland (at least in the recent past with the importance of modernism ) with minimalist white spaces, although that has changed a lot in modern times and is something that I would be willing to explore.
  • Areas for storage and for sitting, with space for computers and for drawings on top of tables to be looked at is an important functional aspect for any architectural office.
Pictures:
obraarchitects.com
aiacolorado.org
castarchitecture.com
djc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment