Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Further Development

Above: Potential cross section of my 1:1 detail of my wall, with a timber back framing covered by an insulating water proof barrier attached to the outer brick facade and further attached to a glass pane.

Part of my design as explained in my previous blog was in created a facade of bricks riddled with holes and missing bricks that offered dappled light into the interior of the building while gifting impromptu views to those using them. By using a mixture of Roman, normal and irregular sized bricks with could be an interesting use of materials and forms, that also hark back to my idea of Junkstyle Modernism in being a modern industrial form of an Arts and Crafts movement, in the use of materials to their advantage (with further inspiration from the Kolumbia Museum by Peter Zumthor in its use of interior dappled lighting created my openings left by use of material).

A few of my plans for my building show a staircase almost like entering a mountain spiraling around the monumental brick and extending concrete light chimney forms extending up around it. The seating commuter area would be situated on the second floor of three floors of the office space, allowing direct access to the train tracks during the day being so elevated above the ground as the train bridge is while further the area can be closed off at night to the public for safety by the use of a barrier at the entrance to the stairs on the Parnell Rise part of the office/public space.

No comments:

Post a Comment